Anonymous: Where have you been?! Hopefully all is well.
Uni and life stuff have been keeping me away. But I’m back now, anon. :)
All is well, thank you for asking. You’re awesome.
Anonymous: tell us more about you, if you don't mind :) I'm intrigued.
Haha, I’m glad I’ve managed to intrigue someone with my terrible blogging skills. But it’s sweet of you to send me a message like this, thanks.
- I like to think I was a backup singer to Marvin Gaye in a past life, most likely one that’s in this video.
- If you get me nachos now, I’ll probably give you the best high-five you’d get in a few lifetimes.
- I want to perfect my Arabic & better my French. I’d also love to learn Spanish and either Cantonese or Mandarin. It would also be nice if I could learn how to play the saxophone, French horn, trumpet and the piano.
- I know how to play one tune on the piano and guitar. (I’m still legit with it.)
- About a month ago, two friends of mine were holding an event and they asked me, last minute, to perform one of my poems but I didn’t have any of my stuff on me, I felt like an idiot. But I still performed, just not a poem of mine. (Amir Sulaiman is brilliant.)
- I don’t even know if I’m doing this right, I’m just saying random stuff.
- James Baldwin, Janelle Monáe, Dinah Washington, Bilal, Posdnuos, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Marva Whitney, Common, Lynn Collins…. some people that’ll always make my day with their beautiful work.
- I’m starting to draw more, mainly because of the weekly sketches we used to do throughout the year in uni.
- Architecture is starting to fascinate me more & more.
- I still want to be the owner of a record player and multiple records.
- I like being the tallest in the house.
It’s funny how I went blank as soon as I started answering this. But there ya go, anon. :) Hope you had a good day.
Channel 9’s obsession with the Brick Lane makes me wanna cry.
think watered down struggle town/ orientalist dream set.
so I watch to nurture a sore, painting my nails a stark brood
greeted by that characteristic “tsk” from my blood then bone.
-a collapse swallowed too many
wanting to be change maker, cradling the raw heart of your sore,
take to shuffling the racks in the women’s section of the DJ centre
made in:_____ made in: ____ made in: ____
but they fill space too?
made in: Blood’s home/ made in: Bone’s home/ made in: Ma’s home
-all we construct is a joke
you ache in rage in periods
fiddling with my scarf I notice the made in:
some other Ma’s home